nafex - [NAFEX] origin of Illinois Everbearing mulberry

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] origin of Illinois Everbearing mulberry
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:49:14 -0700

We seem to be in the mood to discuss mulberries...

I was curious about the origin of the Illinois Everbearing mulberry, so I did a search with google.  It turned up an article by Artur Lee Jacobson:
According to this article, this is a relatively new variety, first identified in 1947, and offered for sale commercialy 11 years later.  Does anyone have any more details they can fill in.  Some NAFEX members may even have been personally involved in its early years.

-Mark Lee, Seattle