nafex - [NAFEX] figs,mulberry and jujuge oh my!

  • From: rob hamilton <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] figs,mulberry and jujuge oh my!
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:38:50 -0700 (PDT)

I was going to wait till the SFF meeting next month to
ask some of these question, but maybe some people here
may be able to help as well.

Fig--
Has anyone tried growing different fig varieties on
Blackjack fig rootstock to see if it will dwarf the
growth?

Jujube---
How do you get the tree to fruit better?
What are the pollinators?
Has anyone tried a variety called "GA866"?
Can this tree be dwarfed as well?

Mulberry--
Has anyone tried to dwarf with Garaldi rootstock?

Che--
My che tree seems to be doing fine with a good flush
of leaves, but there is very little growth on it these
past two years. What can I do to help it along?

thanx

=====