nafex - Re: [NAFEX] - del stubbs/zone 2/3

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] - del stubbs/zone 2/3
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 04:06:21 +0000

David, I read your reply and I wouldn't have much to add yet. But it has been a strange season.......
Go back to Dave Griffin's (griffingardens) thoughtful last post regarding die back etc. I've also had very wierd die back and bloom. Some stuff is still just now sneeking out of dormancy - that I figured must be dead. One whitney crab looks dead but for the very tip of one branch.
One half of a large nanking flowered and has 1/4" fruit while the other half is just now blooming. I lost 2 honey golds, 2 honey crisps are hurt, but a regent looks great, go figure, and my records show no colder than minus 35F (with little snow cover).
I will post more on this seasons' results when it I figure the jury is in.Del
Del Stubbs www.pinewoodforge.com ag zone2/3

del - it is you of the great northern fruit growing adventure isn't it? zone 2? - here is a question posted on a gardening forum that I frequent from another zone 2 fruit grower - would you care to offer an opinion on his problem? - http://forums.taunton.com/tp-overthefence/messages/?msg=4182.1
if you don't care to post there, but have an opinion, I'd be happy to pass it on - regards, DOUD