nafex - Re: [NAFEX] changing jobs

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] changing jobs
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 15:36:59 +0000

I agree with Dylan Ford, and The Fluffy Bunny.

But if you plan to work/apprentice with a hort/ag employer, I also recommend, in general terms (I got more specific & out-spoken off-list), you want to find out how hort/ag employees are treated in your state re Workman's Comp, Unemployment, workers' rights issues, whether abusive employers are allowed free want-ads thru your state's Job Service. Stuff like that. Some states are doing anything to be "employer friendly", including allowing some very bad apples to run businesses. In general, labor laws re hort/ag are not good for workers, and at least one state has proved to me it doesn't care. BE CAREFUL.

Tanis Cuff, Wisconsin