nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Re:Lye for Tree Stumps

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: longdistshtr@infomail.net, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Re:Lye for Tree Stumps
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 13:18:43 -0500

I've not seen it done, but have a grazing acquaintance in the Ohio Amish country who indicates that they just back their manure spreaders up to a big stump, bury it with fresh manure, and within a year or so, they can just hitch to it with a team of horses and it pulls right out, or at least breaks off just below ground level.
I'm presuming the manure is providing sufficient N to drive the decomposition. May also be supplying some other trace minerals the decomposers need to speed up the process, as well.

Lucky