nafex - [NAFEX] Hawthorne

  • From: LONGDISTSHTR <longdistshtr@shtc.net>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Hawthorne
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 04:13:07 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

My Mayhaw has finally produced a few berries but some of them have a tumorous-like growth with what appears to be fungal spore containers growing on them.  Cedar apple rust is common here. Think maybe it could be that?  It looks kinda like it the growths of CAR which I've seen on cedars.  Never saw the growth on apples, just specks on the leaves.
Doc Lisenby
Zone 7/8
The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.