nafex - [NAFEX] bilberries and little giant

  • From: Mike Levine <mlevine@umich.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] bilberries and little giant
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 18:26:17 -0400

Interesting note because I've tried both bilberries and 'Little Giant' and
my bilberries are having a rough time getting established. In fact, they
probably won't make it. My 'Little Giant' plants, however, seem to be doing
better and will probably set fruit this year. Neither does well here though
due to limestone parent material even though I've created raised beds with
peat and I use coffee grounds for mulch as well as an organic soil
acidifier.

Mike Levine
Ann Arbor, MI zone 5b