nafex - Re: [NAFEX] allopathic roots

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <doreenh@ticon.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] allopathic roots
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 09:54:54 -0500

Del Stubbs wrote:
I understand it takes at least a month for the
> allopathic chemicals to lose their potency after the rye is tilled under.
> This is where I intend to plant out evans cherries and saskatoons this
week.

According to Dr. Ray Weil of University of Maryland, you only have to wait
10 to 14 days after cutting or turning under rye. He cuts his with a
scythe, waits 2 weeks and plants into the stubble. His research specialties
are cover crops and no-till agriculture.
Doreen Howard