nafex - [NAFEX] source for 'Tennesee' pear

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] source for 'Tennesee' pear
  • Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 10:47:19 -0600

Recently saw a request for a source for the "Tennessee" pear, from an interested gardener in TN.
I can't say that I recall seeing it offered by any of the nurseries whose catalogs I've seen. I've got one, grafted last year with scions sent by a NAFEX/SFF member in TX, and might be able to bud one for her this summer, if mine makes substantial growth this year.

If anyone is aware of a commercial fruit tree nursery that offers this selection, I'd be glad to forward that info on to her.
Thanks,

Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY

  • [NAFEX] source for 'Tennesee' pear, Lucky Pittman, 04/04/2003