nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Re: honey berry

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Re: honey berry
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 18:09:03 +0000

Lon wrote that there are not enough insects to polinate these lovelies since
they bloom so early. But, if they are a zone 2 or 3 plant, where are the
insects in these zones at the time of bloom? Could they be wind polinated? I
think they taste good.Bruce z5 mi

I am interested in anything that can fruit in zone 2. I hope to add osmia bees this spring if I can find affordable ones, thinking they will be out earlier than honey bees. Are they out earlier than bumblebees?
Here, I was out yesterday chipping frozen ground, lots of snow expected tonight.... I figure the pollinators match the bloom because they are awakend by the same stimuli. Del
Del Stubbs www.pinewoodforge.com ag zone2/3