nafex - Re: [NAFEX] young apricot

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] young apricot
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 20:45:33 -0800

Title: Re: [NAFEX] young apricot
That's the same trouble I had with Puget Gold - lack of vigor.  Don't bother removing fruit unless you can be sure there IS any - it's likely it won't set much.  Personally, I never got any fruit on mine.  The best results I've had so far have been with some seedlings of an old heirloom, Mormon Chinese.  The seed came from Tim Udall in Arizona.  I had one tree literally covered from tip to base of limbs with fruit last year - the heaviest crop of apricots I've ever seen in Oregon.  If it can repeat that, I may really have something.  The 'cots weren't huge, but had good flavor.
-Lon Rombough