nafex - [NAFEX] young apricot

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: NAFEX Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] young apricot
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:24:59 -0500

Some of you may remember that I planted a Puget Gold apricot from Burnt Ridge Nursery last year, in a friend's yard. (It was a housewarming present.) This year he tells me the buds aren't green - they're pink. It looks like it plans to flower! I assume we should remove any fruit that might set. What's the best time to do this?

(It was about 3 feet tall when it arrived, and didn't grow an inch last year. It leafed out and looked happy, though, so we assumed it was getting settled and growing roots.)

Thanks.
Ginda Fisher