nafex - [NAFEX] Tree tubes, etc.

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Tree tubes, etc.
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:57:48 -0600

Here's the link for Tubex tree shelters - available in 3, 4, 5 ft lengths

http://www.treessentials.com/tubex.htm

I've used TreePro types in the past, but when I've tried to visit their website recently, I get an 'under maintenance' message. They have, in the past, has lengths up to 6 ft. I like them because they can be opened to do maintenance pruning/grass&weed removal, etc., but strongly recommend getting the 'vented' types to prevent 'baking' in hot summer temps and to improve hardening off of vigorous growth in late summer/fall.

http://www.treepro.com

While searching, I came across this site with more info on this sort of stuff:

http://www.lrconline.com/Extension_Notes_English/pdf/tr_shltrs.pdf

Lucky