nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grow fruit higher than deer can reach?

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grow fruit higher than deer can reach?
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 12:07:53 -0800

Title: Re: [NAFEX] Grow fruit higher than deer can reach?
I already do that with some of my things.  It does work.  The trick is to protect the trunk so the bucks in velvet don't use the trunk to rub their antlers on.
   On the other hand, if you don't have really intense deer problems, spraying egg as a repellent works well as long as you keep it up.  6 eggs in water, run in a blender.  Pour into a three gallon sprayer and top with water.  Spray on a dry day.  Works until two or three heavy rains, or the shoots are 6 inches beyond the sprayed part.    If deer pressure isn't really intense, they will leave the whole sprayed area alone.