nafex - Re: [NAFEX] sprouting seeds

  • From: "David Consolvo" <fruitopia@nexet.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] sprouting seeds
  • Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 10:13:46 -0500

Pawpaw seeds take a long time to sprout. Early- to mid-summer is typical
from my experience. Sometimes with an extra year of quiescence, i.e. over a
year and a half after harvest!

David Consolvo
Hungrytown, Virginia

----------

From: "Griffin Gardens" <griffingardens@earthlink.net>
To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: RE[NAFEX] peaches
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 9:15:57 -0600

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=windows-1251" http-equiv=Content-Type>
<META content="MSHTML 5.00.3314.2100" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>
<DIV>Adams County has a good informational site for peaches too with ratings
from 1-9 for size, color, disease resistance, etc. - and cold hardiness!,
which is peculiarly absent on other nursery sites, and difficult to find
anywhere except for the hardiest few.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Dave </DIV>
<DIV>central MN zone 4a</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&gt; [Original Message]</DIV>
<DIV>&gt; From: del stubbs &lt;<A
href="mailto:pinewoodel@hotmail.com";>pinewoodel@hotmail.com</A>&gt;</DIV>
<DIV>&gt; To: &lt;<A
href="mailto:nafex@lists.ibiblio.org";>nafex@lists.ibiblio.org</A>&gt;</DIV>
<DIV>&gt; Date: 3/5/03 7:40:13 AM</DIV>
<DIV>&gt; Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Peaches</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; I must admit to peach envy! The mention of veteran as a
cold hardy peach </DIV>
<DIV>&gt; sent me on a google search, and on the way I found this interesting
mouth </DIV>
<DIV>&gt; watering site&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<A
href="http://www.davewilson.com/br40/br40Peaches.html#polly";>http://www.davewilson.com/br40/br40Peaches.html#polly</A></DIV>
<DIV>&gt; I have 8 siberian c whips to use for grafting to, and am
considering putting </DIV>
<DIV>&gt; peaches where I can hope for reliable snow drifts - growing them
'Siberian' </DIV>
<DIV>&gt; style close to the ground. Any northerners done this?</DIV>
<DIV>&gt; </DIV>
<DIV>&gt; Del Stubbs&nbsp;&nbsp;<A
href="http://www.pinewoodforge.com";>www.pinewoodforge.com</A>&nbsp;&nbsp;ag
zone2/3</DIV>