nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Was: auxins in urine; Now Willow Water

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Was: auxins in urine; Now Willow Water
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:28:32 -0600

Gordon sent me an attachment some time back on making homemade rooting hormone. Instructions were to cut willow twigs into 3 inch lengths, place in a pot/pan, cover with water and place on low heat - no boiling/simmering - and allow to steep for 12 hrs ( now that I look at that, I'm a bit confused - do you keep it heating for 12 hrs, or just bring it up to near-boiling temp, then cut the heat?), strain, pour into a jug, and refrigerate - should keep almost indefinitely. Soak basal ends of cuttings in this solution for 12 hrs prior to sticking them in your rooting medium.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY