nafex - [NAFEX] Resources for Apple Ripening

  • From: "Sgroppino Farms" <sgroppino@sgroppino.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Resources for Apple Ripening
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 23:04:22 -0500

Hey folks . . .

I'm trying to track down a good reference showing ripening times for a wide range of heirloom apples.  Books like 'The Book of Apples' certainly offer a lot of this information, but I can't help but wonder if their info is based on a different USDA Zone.  If it is, how does one adapt this info to fit their own Zone?  I've seen a few ripening charts in books and a couple online, but very few seem to address the more obscure apples.

Any/all suggestions appreciated.  Thanks.

John

* * * * *

John A Gasbarre
Sgroppino Farms
Vinalhaven Island, Maine
sgroppino@sgroppino.com
USDA Zone 5

  • [NAFEX] Resources for Apple Ripening, Sgroppino Farms, 02/19/2003