nafex - [NAFEX] Re: Scanning Fruit Photos (David Doud)

  • From: Leo Manuel <leom@rarefruit.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: David Doud <doudone@netusa1.net>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: Scanning Fruit Photos (David Doud)
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:55:32 -0800

Hi David

If I have 300 dpi and a large photo size, and print it,
import it into MSWord, or whatever, where the graphic
gets scaled to fit, the detail is much better, than if
I use a small photo, which when scaled, will spread those
pixels out, with much poorer detail. The more crowded those
pixels (or whatever they are called) the more information
per square inch is contained, the better the detail. I
have used 18 x 18 inches, with the particular size not
important. It's just that beginning with a larger photo
(scanned document, etc.) the greater the clarity.

Test this, but it's what I've observed with my equipment.
The trouble with large graphics is that they are difficult
to transmit electronically.

I'd be interested in whether this is consistent with the
experiences of others.

Horticordially,

Leo Manuel http://www.rarefruit.com leom@rarefruit.com