nafex - [NAFEX] Re: Reinette Rouge Étoilée / Nomenclature

  • From: "Sgroppino Farms" <sgroppino@sgroppino.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: Reinette Rouge Étoilée / Nomenclature
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 13:41:43 -0500

Dear Claude:

Thanks for the information. It's very much appreciated. Another list
member was kind enough to have sent me information on the many synonyms
for this apple as well and I was happy to learn that a source for the
scion wood does exist here in the States.

The reference that I ran across on the Net regarding Reine de Reinettes
being a synonym for Reinette Etoilee is here:

http://www.hamblenne.be/Cat_arbres_fruitiers.htm

There was simply a line of text that read:

" - REINE DES REINETTES ou REINETTE ETOILEE (octobre) petit
fruit rouge vif, chair rosée, saveur sucrée et parfumée, conservation:
décembre."

Thanks again.

John

* * * * *

John,

In the book by John Bultitude "Apples - a guide to the identification of
international varieties" (1983), I read that Reinette étoilée is a
synonym of Reinette rouge étoilée. A few other synonyms mentioned are:
Sterappel (Netherlands), Sternreinette (Germany), Renette stellata
(Italy)...

I grow the Reine de reinettes and can tell you that I have never read
anything about Reinette étoilée being a synonym for it. I would be
curious to know where you got this information.

Claude Jolicoeur, Quebec.

  • [NAFEX] Re: Reinette Rouge Étoilée / Nomenclature, Sgroppino Farms, 02/05/2003