nafex - [NAFEX] RE: Crab Apples as Pollenizers

  • From: LONGDISTSHTR <longdistshtr@shtc.net>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] RE: Crab Apples as Pollenizers
  • Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 13:21:54 -0500

Lucky, the only reliable and disease/resistant apple I have is
Centennial Crab. It is sweet and has a nice flavor. I eat all of them
out-of-hand and don't make jelly from them either. Can always make jelly
out of apple juice from Washington State in case I need more calories.
I would like to try some other crab apples. Where is a good supplier of
the others you mentioned? I might just cut some of my lousy choices of
apples down and replace them with crab apples.
For others in low chill hour land, try some edible crab apples. If you
try to recover the costs of an apple orchard here, plant ginko biloba
and smoke your deer meat with apple wood. Buy good apples from Virginia
and NorCar at the "Pig" or Food Lion.
Doc Lisenby
Zone 7/8

  • [NAFEX] RE: Crab Apples as Pollenizers, LONGDISTSHTR, 02/05/2003