nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pineapple

  • From: "Robert L. Bates" <bob@phylsellens.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pineapple
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 11:04:03 -1000

Title: Re: [NAFEX] Pineapple
Hello,

The best way to grow pineapples is to cut approximately 1" to 2" off of the top of the pineapple (including the "leaves"), sometime this is called a crown.

After you have cut this off just put it in the ground with the "leaves" above ground.  It will take about 2 to 3 years to get fruit but you can keep on growing more and more.

Bob.

Yesterday I pulled about seeds, I think, out of a pineapple I was cutting up.  Have any of you tried to sprout and maybe grow pineapple from seed?  Do any of you have suggestions?
Greg.
Near Denver CO.  Zone 5

Robert L. "Bob" Bates, R, GRI
Phone: 808-325-5558