nafex - [NAFEX] Re: black nanking

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: black nanking
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 22:19:10 -0800

Title: Re:  black nanking
Dean:
   Several years ago, Prof. Meader sent me seed from a bush of his that was a cross of Prunus besseyi x P. tomentosa.  I sent a quantity of the seed to T & T.   Your comment makes me wonder if they got a plant with mostly P. tomentosa traits, but black fruit from the besseyi parent, and are propagating that.   Have to ask them, I guess.
-Lon