nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fruits of New York

  • From: Anton Callaway <marillen@earthlink.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fruits of New York
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 08:52:28 -0500

The Cherries of New York has just recently become available on CD through the NAFEX library. I scanned the whole work in and converted the scanned text to real text. The whole thing is hyperlinked so all you need is a Web browser, no need to install anything on your hard disk. The organization has been changed to suit Web browsing, but everything is there (Thank you Suzi T. for filling in the ends of pages that my scanner missed!). I also scanned in all of the Peaches of NY, but when I found that Cornell was planning to pursue a similar project, I sent them everything I had and stopped my hobby development. Anyway, if anyone wants a personal copy, you can contact me off list. I'm not selling them, but recouping shipping would be nice.

Anton

Lon J. Rombough wrote:

For anyone interested, this site
http://www.alibris.com/search/search.cfm

lists copies of The Grapes of New York, The Cherries of New York, The Plums
of New York, and The Peaches of New York, the massive descriptive books
compiled by U.P. Hedrick. Prices run from about 100 to 300 dollars. _______________________________________________
Most questions can be answered here: