nafex - Re: [NAFEX] sugar plums/good weather site

  • From: "Paul Simon" <paul.simon@wap.org>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] sugar plums/good weather site
  • Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 13:05:26 -0500

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002 06:25:06 +0000
"del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com> wrote:
It's once again the sugar plum fairies time of year,
.. found sites
selling candy, candles, unmentionables, and...alas, real California grown sugar plums http://www.mountlassen.com/products/fruits/fruits-dtl-sgrplms.html

This site (Larssen Farms et.al.) has a nice informative agricultural weather site of the U. S. http://www.agday.com/weather.htm

Another web weather site I find useful is http://www.wunderground.com/forecasts/BWI.html. They have 2 weather reporting stations within 6 miles of my place (suburban area) that give readings 4 to 12 times an hour. (Five stations within 12 miles). I can watch the temp and wind progess across the countryside get an idea the duration of my max. and min, for the day. Might be helpful to predict insect emergence and fungal growth for spraying.

One would have to see if this is available in your own area.

About thermomenters; Bed, Bath, and Beyond had a min./max digital thermometer for under 18 dollars in their store last Oct. It gave readings to 0.2 degrees.

Paul S. tween Balti and DC. zone 6a