nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pyracantha Jelly

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pyracantha Jelly
  • Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 15:36:21 -0800

Title: Re: [NAFEX] Pyracantha Jelly
The Russians grow varieties of Pyracantha for fruit.  They have selected mild flavored types.  If Hector Black is reading this, he can probably tell you more than I.
   I remember in Davis, California, that pyracantha was a very common shrub and in midwinter the birds would feast on the berries.  Problem was, the berries had usually fermented by that time, so the number of numb, drunk birds staggering around, flying into windows and such got pretty noticeable that time of year.
=Lon Rombough