nafex - [NAFEX] Pruning fall raspberries

  • From: Ginda Kaplan Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Pruning fall raspberries
  • Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 23:44:55 -0500

This year for the first time I plan to prune my fall red raspberries to the ground, instead of managing them for two crops. Does it matter when I prune? (fall, winter, early spring) They're done for the year, but have not yet dropped their leaves. (the leaves have dried and curled up, though.) Does the weather when I prune matter to the plants?

Thanks,
Ginda Fisher
eastern Mass., zone 6

  • [NAFEX] Pruning fall raspberries, Ginda Kaplan Fisher, 11/10/2002