nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Late pawpaws

  • From: "Mark Garrison" <pawpaw1@cox.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Late pawpaws
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 14:34:20 -0500

Gordon,
One of my seedlings produced quite early, almost all its 30-odd lbs. picked
by Sept 24. Others ripened thru the season, and then there were those that
hung on until they froze. I had little or no crop on many apple trees, but
the pawpaws came thru. I didn't have dead squirrels right at hand to entice
carrion flies to do the pollinating, so I used an idea I heard to put a
handful of wet cottonseed meal under each tree. Don't know if that did it
but I got a good set.

Mark