nafex - [NAFEX] precocious walnuts

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] precocious walnuts
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 13:54:09 -0700

I have been corresponding with Gordon Nofs about his "Nofs Alpha" walnut.
He has seen seedlings from this tree produce nuts in 2 years. That's
amazing. I found out about this in one of the mail attachments he sent out
this week to this e-mail list. If you have this walnut or descendants of it
and have nuts you have harvested this year, I would like to get in touch
with you about sending nuts to me. I want to start an experiment to see how
fast seedlings of this type would produce nuts in Seattle. I would also
like to hear about anyone else's experience with this type of precocious
walnut.
-Mark Lee