nafex - Re: [NAFEX] chokecherry

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] chokecherry
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 07:26:03 -0500

While Bob is mentioning the Phobia of Poisonous Pits, I would ask two
questions:
1] Is it unlikely that fermenting plums with the pits in the mash would leak
any poison into the
juice? {Since most pits are rather tightly sealed I would think it unlikely.]
2] I understand Bitter Almonds, from which Almond Extract is pressed, is
grown separately from the
sweet almonds. Does anyone else like a bitter almond, like I do? I know, I
know, the bitter
means cyanide and is bad for me.
Charlie Paradise
zone 5/Massachusetts