nafex - Re: [NAFEX] cyanide

  • From: "Bill Russell" <shaman@pennswoods.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] cyanide
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:13:58 -0400

Bob,

An Amishman near here says that to "Make de chokecherry or peach vine goot
with zoftig (body), you gotta break a handful of pits und toss 'em in" No
cyanide poisoning there, either. They make and use home brews, but not
commercially produced stuff.

Incidentally they drink chokecherry wind to relieve gout and diahrrea.
Elderberry wine to relieve sciatica. Quince wine for sleeplessness.
Blackberry wine for anemia, fevers and general debility. Dandelion wine for
a cure-all.

Bill