nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Milk as a fungicide, forward from Viticulture

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Milk as a fungicide, forward from Viticulture
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:26:17 -0400

Hello,

I believe this would be true of anything that changed the surface PH of the
leaf. Milk will
acidify as it decomposes. Sulfur also acidifies. But you can go the other
way too and make it
too sweet for powdery mildew by spraying bicarbonate of soda.

I bet that if you could find the correct dilution, you could spray liquid
fertilizer for acid
loving plants. Then you could feed the leaves and prevent powdery mildew
simultaneously.

It is changing the narrow PH range that powdery mildew lives in that can stop
it.

There is also AQ10 ( http://www.pmac.net/aq.htm )which is a naturally
occurring organism that
EATS powdery mildew, and will hang around for the season, just waiting for
another food feast
when PM returns.

Later,
Tom