nafex - [NAFEX] one apricot less/ seed propagating

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] one apricot less/ seed propagating
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 04:40:46 +0000

For those I sent seeds to last year of the large apricot tree that bore so heavily on the Bemidji college campus (25 miles from here Z2/3).....I'msad to say it is no more. Was by there yestereday and a bulldozer had just finsihed its work of widening the sidewalk. She was a beauty, 8" trunk at waist high. Hope your seeds carry it on.
Regarding seed peopagating....the ones I stratified in the fridge of this apricot tree came alive 2 months earlier than the ground planted ones, I had to baby them along intil frost was past, put them in 4" by 12" pvc tubes of garden dirt. The ones I sowed in the garden bed have surpassed the early ones by double, though they were 2 months later. After this I am just puttng seeds in the ground. Del

Del Stubbs www.pinewoodforge.com ag zone2/3