nafex - Re: [NAFEX] almonds in utah

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] almonds in utah
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 19:21:57 -0700

Title: Re: [NAFEX] almonds in utah
I would be amazed if there was.  Tom Plocher was in contact with a man who knew the fellow doing the experiment, but that was several years ago and the man was in his 90's then.  Tom was able to get budwood of the three hardiest almonds and he sent them to me to pass along to a nurseryman here who may still have trees, but that's as much as I know right now.  The almonds were some of a group of something like 3000 IXL almonds that were planted in Utah where they were exposed to -35 F.  There were 12 survivors and two were named and released.  One produced a seedling which was also named.  I think one name was Northland.  I'd have to look them up.
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, writing, consulting, more, plus word on The Grape Grower at http://www.bunchgrapes.com