nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grapes?

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grapes?
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 11:07:52 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Having moved to Ontario from Massachusetts, I can say that Ontario has
fewer Japanese Beetles but more Raspberry Bugs (not sure of the name).

Even found raspberry bugs in my grapes, but I did not spray but once this
season.

So far, currants seem to be the easiest, pest free crop. Pick the right
varieties and disease is not an issue either.

At least here anyway.

Thanks to everyone for the information. I may run trellis wires on 3
sides of my arbor to expand growing area. A wire at 3' and 5' would add
60' of trellis, to the arbor.

I chose the arbor as we are in a housing development which was farm field
with no trees. Rather than waiting for 20 years for a tree to offer
shade, the arbor does the job in 3. Also offers a canopy for the picnic
table.

Later,
Tom
--