nafex - Re: [NAFEX] beach plum wine

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] beach plum wine
  • Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 18:42:37 -0700

Title: Re: [NAFEX] beach plum wine
No kidding.  Mine is over 25 years old.

From: Bob and Winnie <natvwine@cut.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 18:00:29 -0600
To: nafex list post <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
Subject: [NAFEX] beach plum wine

Some years ago I made a batch (130 gal) of plum wine using what we call potawatomie plums. From the descriptions of beach plums they sound like they would be similar; tart, astringent with a rather large pit.
Wash and crush the fruit and make as you would any fruit wine. The pits will drop out in about a week, and in about 3 to 4 years you should have a very nice wine. It will clear on its own. Plum wines in general take a long time to age - don't rush it.

bob Z4 Utah