nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Natures bounty; How God provides for his people by the fluffy one.

  • From: "Ed Fackler" <rocmdw@aye.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Natures bounty; How God provides for his people by the fluffy one.
  • Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 12:31:34 -0400

Fluffster and all who've commented on the vagaries of woodchuck or
(sometimes called) groundhog.

Fluff--Your comment below is outstanding save for one little bitty,
teeny-weany aspect. That is the fact that to some folks, the woodchuck is a
higher, more Kosmic being and is actually worshiped amongst some,
well-cloaked or very secretive societal groups. (Recall the annual rituals
in SE PA of Puxtanuey Phil each February.) My friend Marsha Mason keeps up
with these wizdums and relays (actually translates to K-Bonic english) all
pertinent info onto me graciously, I might add.

Kindly recall my commentary in Pomona some years back expounding this a
bit, albeit it was another one of my (poor) attempts at satire. I think it
was in honor of my onliest livin' guru (exceptin' you of course!), RamBaba
WoodChukar (or Him Holiness Woody, as His underlings refer to Him), that
albino Sage who is reported to have lived on earth since 1782! Rumor has it
that RB Woody takes on the human form of our own Timmy Strickler as He sees
the need to do so. (Fess up, Tim!)

From a more practical view, while we've had woodchucks here on the farm
since I can remember, aside from the sometimes-conspicutiously placed homes
(in the middle of nurseries, for example), I could really never get uptight
about them being around. The can and do whistle pleasantly when all is well
and as you've so indicated are extremely hygienic in their living habits.
Also, the whistling (and various tones or pitches) is a highly structured
language remotely similar to Gregorian Chanting which is, as you well know,
universially harmonic.

Just thought you'd want to know this here important stuff.

Ed, So. Indiana, Heaven, etc.