nafex - [NAFEX] Re: nafex digest, Vol 1 #134 - 3 msgs

  • From: fuwa fuwa usagi <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: nafex digest, Vol 1 #134 - 3 msgs
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:41:33 -0700 (PDT)

Tom wrote:

In a raised bed 4'x4'x16" I also have an apple tree in that backyard.
Guess where a #$@#$! rabbit decided to dig a shallow burrow and have a
litter of 6 bunnies? Right in the raised bed, beside the apple tree!

It is a good thing they breed like rabbits, cause their brains don't
work too well.

My reply:

My "experience" is and has been that rabbits are territorial and actually
"nurture" their young. In other words you can train them and they seem to
pass it on to their off-spring. I use to have a rabbit that dined in my
garden, so I planted my yard (i.e. let some clovers grow, some dandelions,
etc) and directed her over there(by vigilantly chasing her whenever she
attempted to enter the garden area). Now 7 years later the off spring seem
to know where they should hang out, what part of the yard I let them in etc
(except the one across the street still eats my blueberries and I have not
been able to educate it yet (I keep missing with my wrist rocket).

Tom wrote:

I didn't mind removing them, but my boys are not happy with me at all.
They were much too young to survive on their own (eyes still closed),
and I had to repair the damage the burrow had caused.

It would have been a lot harder to explain to the boys if the dog found
them first.

My reply:

Yep, my son won't let me touch the rabbits either....that is why I had to
develop the gentler approach. Cripes I went to purchase a rabbit the other
day for dinner and the wife and son freaked out. Jeez...it is low fat
delicious meat...I guess chicken again tonight...

Tom wrote:

Darn rabbits! (no offense intended Fluffy one)

My rpely:

Non taken :)

So far I think I am the only one that Ed (Fackler) has not shot on sight.
But then again, Ed knows I love him.

All the best,

TFB

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====

Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with
email@yourgroup.org by Everyone.net http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag

  • [NAFEX] Re: nafex digest, Vol 1 #134 - 3 msgs, fuwa fuwa usagi, 08/28/2002