nafex - [NAFEX] Trifolate Orange, any grafting possible?

  • From: LONGDISTSHTR <longdistshtr@InfoAve.Net>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Trifolate Orange, any grafting possible?
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:22:43 -0400

These are proliferative here, in fact they are a pain once they get
started.
The needles will puncture tires and any part of the human anatomy. The
fruit is bitter and very sour so they go to waste. Marmalade, surely you
jest!
They look like Osage Orange which I saw in Kansas. Think they would
accept Che?
The needles serve Nature's purpose by providing impalement devices for
Shrikes (AKA Butcher Birds)and some people call the bush "Crown of
Thorns". All admire the color of the fruit in the fall except me who has
to change those itsy bitsy tires on my mowers. Talk about something to
make a preacher curse--try it sometime in + 90°F weather.
Aren't even phased by this drought. Happy as a dog rolling in carrion.
I would launch a an attack with a bush axe but with my luck they would
counterattack and puncture me repeatedly and cause my manure pile to be
a biological hazard to my wounds.
Doc Lisenby
Zone 7/8