nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Growing Thornless Che

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Growing Thornless Che
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 07:37:09 -0500

At 09:11 PM 08/19/2002 -0400, Sybil wrote:
 Has anyone experimented with propagation on this?
Sybil,
So far as I know, Cudrania is typicall grafted onto Osage Orange(Maclura pomifera) understock.
A fellow NAFEXer shared some dormant scions with me last spring, and I worked them onto OO suckers I dug out of the cow pasture - and tried one piece on a seedling mulberry.  Those on OO did fine, but the one on mulberry leafed out and then died.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY