nafex - Re: [NAFEX] tree death

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] tree death
  • Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 08:08:11 -0700

Sounds like there was virus in the tree. The tree was able to withstand the
effects of the virus until the added shock of the defoliation came along.
Have you nicked the bark to see if the wood is alive or dead underneath? If
you think the variety is special and you can still get some, send it off to
the NCGR at Geneva. They may be able to clean up the virus and identify the
variety, if it isn't a seedling.
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, writing, consulting, more, plus word on my grape book at
http://www.bunchgrapes.com