nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nanking cherries

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nanking cherries
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 12:47:27 -0700

Nanking Cherry (Prunus tomentosa) needs stratification like any other
Prunus. Edible Landscaping has (though maybe not listed) a selection with
larger fruit that might be a tetraploid. I've tried them here, but they get
pseudomonas so bad there is never any fruit. In summer, when the weather is
dry, they grow out and look great, but of course without cherries.
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, writing, consulting, more, plus word on my grape book at
http://www.bunchgrapes.com