nafex - [NAFEX] bud 9 spacing

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] bud 9 spacing
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 03:51:11 +0000

I grafted and potted up a few Budagovsky 9's this spring. The grafts are doing well and I want to plant them out now, but my orchard is spaced for full sized trees. I can find plenty of info comparing b9 to mallings and other varieties, but not something that says the actual mature size of the tree to lay out the spacing for.
Any one got older bud 9 grafted trees who can give me an idea of their actual eventual size? thanks, Del
'Jan' bush cherry just finished blooming and aronia melanocarpa (black chokeberry?) just getting going....beautiful! they'd make fine ornamentals around a home.

Del Stubbs www.pinewoodforge.com ag zone2/3