nafex - Re: [NAFEX] dwarfing rootstock length

  • From: "Gordon Nofs" <gc_nofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] dwarfing rootstock length
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 22:41:29 -0400

Del
The majority of all my grafts are as close to shest hieght as I can get. lot are mostly about 3 foot. Only do close to ground work if I graft small stuff and have small scions.
I have never seen or noticed any difference.

Gordon C. Nofs
Flint, MI.

I have been getting opposite advice on grafting apples to rootstock (like
m26, bud 9 and 118). One grower says it's important to have a length of
rootstock above the soil (besides just clearing the soil) as this length (4
to 6"?) determines the amount of dwarfing. Another grower says you only
need to keep the top variety from rooting; that it is only what is below
ground that determines the amount of dwarfing. Would like a bit more
clarity on this , thanks! Del

Del Stubbs www.pinewoodforge.com ag zone2/3

Message archives are here:
To view your user options go to: