nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Peach Tree Problem

  • From: "Kathleen Meigs" <kmeigs@tcsn.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Peach Tree Problem
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 09:33:15 -0700

I deal with peach leaf curl (on peaches and nectarines) by removing (by
hand) and destroying all the affected leaves on the tree and underneath.
I"d recommend doing this if it is too late to spray now. It is slow work but
very effective. I believe the fungus is spread when the infected leaves rot
in the soil underneath the tree. My trees have come back beautifully (until
next time, as it easily reoccurs). You will notice that some of your leaves
are okay. Keep them on. Leaf curl if treated this way won't kill the tree
even if it is nearly leafless for awhile.

Katy Meigs
Jolon at Last Farm
Central California
USDA Zone 8/9