nafex - [NAFEX] DriWater, Honey, Propolis, Sparkleberrys

  • From: LONGDISTSHTR <longdistshtr@InfoAve.Net>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] DriWater, Honey, Propolis, Sparkleberrys
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 10:24:58 -0400

Lon, local giggle weed growers here have used a similar product for
years. They buy it from the local seed store. May be DriWater, I'll ask.

Ginda, I kept bees for years and read everything I could on them. Have
read the chemical analysises and never found the mentioned antibiotic.
Many elements have the ability to be "against life" (anti biotic) in
sufficient quantities. Even oxygen (esp. for anerobic bacteria). The
honey produced in this locale is mostly sold in bulk to bakeries and
added for the moisture-retaining quality of honey. Raw (un-heated) honey
is rare and the resultant probably is devoid of any magical anti-biotic.
Looks like an antibiotic would kill the yeast which is required for
bread to rise. Huh?
Paul, if you are referring to the people who ate apricots/pits and made
claims of longevity beyond reality; an investigation revealed that
there were no recorded records of births in that area. Old folks in some
countries are rewarded with respect even in their forties, so the
middle-aged take advantage of it as soon as possible..Propolis analyzed
reveals about 10% cinnamyl alcohol but hive dross (propolis) isn't
digested (nor is pollen nor royal jelly) readily, if at all ,by us.
Hypo or hypertonicity of osmotic pressure of a fluid surrounding some
pathogenic organisms will either cause them to swell and burst or
shrink and dessicate. So whether it is pure water or sugar water which
surrounds them, it is of no consequence. The solute can be sugar or salt
or a multitude of other substances.
Lucky, huckleberries and sparkleberries both bloom here, profusely, and
the bees love them, but rarely does one find fruit. I remember gathering
them when I was young. I don't know what happened but they just don't
produce anymore in this area. I hope you have good luck in Kaintuck.
Rabbit Eye Blues which you know is vaccinium produce well here, but the
others suck.
Regards,
Doc Lisenby
SC zone 7/8

  • [NAFEX] DriWater, Honey, Propolis, Sparkleberrys, LONGDISTSHTR, 06/06/2002