nafex - [NAFEX] Sprayer Cleaning

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Sprayer Cleaning
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 10:52:18 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

Could someone please instruct me on the proper method to clean a sprayer
that has been used for herbicide?

It is one of those 4 gallon backpack style models.

Would a thorough soap/water cleaning, followed by by vinager rinse, and a
baking soda rinse (sprayed till tank was empty) be the way to go?

My hope being that an acid/base rinse would neutralize the herbicide.

I also understand that the half-life of herbicide is short. But a very
thorough cleaning is necessary in my mind.

Thanks in advance.

Later,
Tom
--