nafex - [NAFEX] Re: nafex digest, Vol 1 #7 - 15 msgs

  • From: Terence Bradshaw <madshaw@innevi.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: nafex digest, Vol 1 #7 - 15 msgs
  • Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 09:43:41 -0400

It very well could be a factor, especially depending on the susceptibility of the rootstock to FB. You can cut into the wood and look for pink-brownish streaks in the cambium, but even that may not reveal it. Maybe take one sprout and graft it to a FB susceptible variety like Idared, Gala, or Paulared. Then pump the nitrogen to it to encourage soft, whippy tissue and look for signs of disease. I know this seems pretty complicated, but it's all I could guess at.