nafex - RE: [nafex] So pressure-treated lumber will go off the market in 2003?

  • From: "Erdman, Jim" <erdmanj@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "'Charles Paradise '" <machelp@attglobal.net>, "'nafex@yahoogroups.com '" <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: RE: [nafex] So pressure-treated lumber will go off the market in 2003?
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 07:20:35 -0500

My understanding is that the arsenic-based pressure treatment is the one
that will be banned, and I know that there are other "safer" systems of
treatment available. I'm not sure what there status will be.
I remember almost 30 years ago that there was a lot of controversy about the
arsenic-based treatment, which was new at the time, and I felt that a lot of
the safety questions were never satisfactorily resolved. At the time, I
worked for the state division that checked commercial building plans for
building code compliance, and we were thoroughly investigating this new
product.

Jim Erdman (Menomonie, WI)