nafex - RE: [nafex] all the hosts are very similar

  • From: "Erdman, Jim" <erdmanj@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "'Lon J. Rombough '" <lonrom@hevanet.com>, "'nafex@yahoogroups.com '" <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: RE: [nafex] all the hosts are very similar
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:51:34 -0500

I have to add my 2 cents to this discussion.
I have been on this list for a few years I think, when it was on One-list
and you needed to be aproved (be a NAFEX member) to subscribe to the list. I
get all the messages direct to my email, individually, and the only add I
ever see is about 5 or 6 lines at the very end of the message. I have never
been able to figure out how to access the Yahoo web site for the list as I
apparently don't have a password or enough info available to me for them to
send me a password, etc. I have not, in more than a year, been able to get a
response that made any sense from Yahoo.

I belong to a couple of other lists like this, and one of those had been
archived on Yahoo, but at one point the messages quit showing up on the
archives. No one was able to get a response from Yahoo, even the people who
had set up the list and maintained it. They finally put the archives on
another server that someone had available.

Another list that I am on pays for the server, about $150 per month if I
recall, and it is paid for by erratic member donations. There are no ads
(except in messages by members), and you use an automated registration
system to join the list, but the list is monitored and transgressions of the
list rules can result in being banned from the list.

I think that the biggest problem with Yahoo is total lack of human response
to problems, and I would like to see more options explored.

Jim Erdman, in Menomonie, WI