nafex - Re: [nafex] slightly OT - recipes needed

  • From: "victoria l. caron" <vicaron@gis.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] slightly OT - recipes needed
  • Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 10:50:02 +0000

Lon, I know this isn't a recipe, but it is about a different way to serve/eat
grapes. We own a major appliance store that also offers service and
repair. A couple of weeks ago, a woman called to say the temp in her freezer
was not ideal (0F). I asked the standard questions and it seems her
grapes, which she always keeps in the freezer, were soft. While it was news
to me, it seems that it is not uncommon to keep grapes in the freezer.
Apparently they don't freeze solid and are very nice to snack on in this
frosty condition. ...................vic

"Lon J. Rombough" wrote:

> I'm looking for unusual ways to use grapes. That's using the grapes
> themselves, as well as the vine, seeds, etc. That doesn't include wines or
> using wine in cooking, though - there are enough books on that. I am
> compiling them for an unusual book, and while I can't pay, I'll certainly
> give credit in the book. This is NOT for my grape growing book, incidently,
> but a different book altogether.
>
> To give an idea of how unusual a recipe I am looking for, I have some
> on grape pie, plus some on grape dumplings made by the American Indians.
>
> -Lon Rombough
> Grapes, writing, consulting, more, plus word on my grape book at
> http://www.bunchgrapes.com

> 4) Include only pertinent comments/questions when replying to a posting and
> NOT the entire message (especially if the initial posting was large).

Buy Stock for $4.
No Minimums.
FREE Money 2002.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BgmYkB/VovDAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM